I Need Help with... Direction & Goals
- Career Decisions Course
Enroll in Effective Career Decision-Making (CN ED 100) to examine internal and external factors that contribute to career development. The course is especially helpful for students who are undecided about a major or career.
- Career Services Drop-In Counseling
Have a 10-15 minute meeting with a Penn State career counselor for any career-related concerns.
- Career Services - Exploring Fields of Interest
Take the appropriate steps in the career planning process.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations through this resource from the US Department of Labor.
- Goal Setting Worksheet
Set goals and the action steps to achieve the overall goal.
- Goal Setting Worksheet II
Set goals, but also to reflect on the meaning of the goal and how to stay focused on achieving it.
Thinking About What to Study
- DUS Student Stories
Hear what DUS students have to say about their experience in DUS.
- Explore Majors using MajorQuest
Explore majors and options at Penn State by using this filtering tool.
- Myths about Majors
Discover common myths about choosing a major and examples of why these ideas are wrong.
- Visit Advising Centers
Visit advising centers at University Park and Commonwealth Campuses.
- Living Intentionally: A Six-Step Transformation from Goal-Setting to Goal-Getting Workbook
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- There is Life After College: What Parents and Students Should Know About Navigating School to Prepare for the Jobs of Tomorrow
- Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It