I Need Help with... Direction & Goals
- Career Decisions Course
Enroll in Effective Career Decision-Making (CN ED 100) to examine internal and external factors that contribute to career development. The course is especially helpful for students who are undecided about a major or career.
- Career Services Drop-In Counseling
Have a 10-15 minute meeting with a Penn State career counselor for any career-related concerns.
- Career Services - Exploring Fields of Interest
Take the appropriate steps in the career planning process.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations through this resource from the US Department of Labor.
Thinking About What to Study
- Basics of Exploration
Utilize activities on this page to help you think about your interests, values, goals, and ideas for majors.
- DUS Student Stories
Hear what DUS students have to say about their experience in DUS.
- Explore Majors using MajorQuest
Explore majors and options at Penn State by using this filtering tool.
- Myths about Majors
Discover common myths about choosing a major and examples of why these ideas are wrong.
- Visit Advising Centers
Visit advising centers at University Park and Commonwealth Campuses.
- Living Intentionally: A Six-Step Transformation from Goal-Setting to Goal-Getting Workbook
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- There is Life After College: What Parents and Students Should Know About Navigating School to Prepare for the Jobs of Tomorrow
- Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It