Every year, the Division of Undergraduate Studies offers scholarships to students after their first year of enrollment in DUS. Three DUS students will be selected for the 2020-2021 Division of Undergraduate Studies Awards. Each award, along with recognition, includes a $1,000.00 scholarship.
Congratulations to the 2020-21 DUS Award winners:
- Madeleine Tenny (Joyce Buck Award)
- Victoria Amato
- Viktoriya Loshkarova
Your eligibility for the awards is based on the following criteria:
- You were enrolled in DUS for at least two semesters by the start of fall semester 2020.
- Your academic achievement has been commendable.
- You have earned at least 28 credits at Penn State.
- You are a sophomore enrolled at the University this semester.
The winners of this year's awards will be selected based on the following application materials:
A. Please provide concise but thoughtful and comprehensive statements addressing each of the three questions below. Each statement may not be longer than 500 words.
- Tell us about how you engaged in the exploratory process while in DUS. Describe how your major(s) of interest fits your strengths and goals.
- Provide a brief summary of the significant co-curricular activities (e.g., clubs, athletics, internships, part-time jobs, volunteering, etc.) you have been involved in since you started college. Connect one of your co-curricular experiences to your academic studies.
- Think about a general education class that you took and connect the knowledge and skills from that class to either your major(s) of interest or an experience that you’ve had outside of the classroom.
B. Academic record
We will print your transcript and current semester schedule for review.
How to Apply:
The application for DUS Scholarships is currently closed and will open again during the Fall Semester 2021. Please check back then for more details!