Every year, the Division of Undergraduate Studies offers scholarships to students after their first year of enrollment in DUS. The scholarship is awarded during the fall semester to three current DUS students and consists of recognition with the Division of Undergraduate Studies and a $1,000.00 scholarship.
Your eligibility for the awards is based on the following criteria:
- You were enrolled in DUS for at least two semesters.
- Your academic achievement has been commendable.
- You have earned at least 15 credits at Penn State.
- You are enrolled at the University this semester.
The winners of this year's awards will be selected based on the following application materials:
A. Please provide concise but thoughtful and comprehensive statements addressing the three questions below. Each statement may not be longer than 500 words.
- Tell us about how you engaged in the exploratory process while in DUS. Describe how your major(s) of interest fits your strengths and goals.
- Provide a brief summary of the significant co-curricular activities (e.g., clubs, athletics, internships, part-time jobs, volunteering, etc.) you have been involved in for the past year and a half. Connect one of your co-curricular experiences to your academic studies.
- Think about a general education class that you took and connect the knowledge and skills from that class to either your major(s) of interest or an experience that you’ve had outside of the classroom.
B. Academic record
We will print your transcript and current semester schedule for review.
How to Apply:
Applications are reviewed anonymously; please do not include your name or any other identifying information in your submissions. Submit your application as a Word document to Emily Herr at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 9, 2018. Submissions must be received from your Penn State email account. No late applications will be accepted. You must also complete the permission form (signature in ink, not typewritten) and submit it with your application via email, by fax to (814) 863-8913, or by mail to Emily Herr, DUS Awards, 104 Grange Building, University Park, PA 16802.