Every year, the Division of Undergraduate Studies offers scholarships to students after their first year of enrollment in DUS. Three DUS students will be selected for the 2020-2021 Division of Undergraduate Studies Awards. Each award, along with recognition, includes a $1,000.00 scholarship.
Your eligibility for the awards is based on the following criteria:
- You were enrolled in DUS for at least two semesters by the start of fall semester 2020.
- Your academic achievement has been commendable.
- You have earned at least 28 credits at Penn State.
- You are a sophomore enrolled at the University this semester.
The winners of this year's awards will be selected based on the following application materials:
A. Please provide concise but thoughtful and comprehensive statements addressing each of the three questions below. Each statement may not be longer than 500 words.
- Tell us about how you engaged in the exploratory process while in DUS. Describe how your major(s) of interest fits your strengths and goals.
- Provide a brief summary of the significant co-curricular activities (e.g., clubs, athletics, internships, part-time jobs, volunteering, etc.) you have been involved in since you started college. Connect one of your co-curricular experiences to your academic studies.
- Think about a general education class that you took and connect the knowledge and skills from that class to either your major(s) of interest or an experience that you’ve had outside of the classroom.
B. Academic record
We will print your transcript and current semester schedule for review.
How to Apply:
Applications are reviewed anonymously; please do not include your name or any other identifying information in your submissions. Submit your application as a Word document to Emily Herr at email@example.com by Friday, October 30, 2020. Submissions must be received from your Penn State email account. No late applications will be accepted. You must also complete the permission form (digital or typed signature acceptable) and submit it with your application via email to Emily Herr.
You will be notified of award decisions by December 11, 2020 The DUS Awards Committee looks forward to reading your application and learning more about you. If you have any questions, please email Junhow Wei at firstname.lastname@example.org or Emily Herr at email@example.com.