I Need Help with... Adjustment To College



  • Join a Club
    Search this listing of student organizations that are recognized at Penn State's University Park Campus.
  • Participate in a Cultural Program 
    Learn how to experience the practice, celebration, and demonstration of culture through a variety of performances, presentations, visual performing arts, as well as social and entertainment events.
  • Participate in a Music Ensemble
    Join an ensemble through the School of Music. Small chamber ensembles, large orchestras, bands, and choirs are open to all Penn State students, regardless of major.
  • Take an Art Class
    Contact the Center for Arts & Crafts at Penn State for a variety of art classes and workshops for a discounted fee. This is extra-curricular and not for college credit.
  • Volunteer
    Check out the volunteer opportunities at Penn State.

Talking to Someone Who Can Help

  • Get Help with a Disability
    Contact Penn State’s Office of Student Disability Resources (SDR), which is responsible for coordinating support services, reasonable academic accommodations, and promoting disability awareness in the university community.
  • Talk to Your Academic Adviser
    Work with your academic adviser to discuss a variety of topics, including how to find the appropriate resources on campus.
  • Talk to a Counselor
    Get information from Penn State’s Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) to help you resolve personal concerns that may interfere with your academic progress, social development, and satisfaction at Penn State.
  • Visit the LGBTQA Resource Center
    Contact the center if you have concerns related to an open, safe, and inclusive environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, and queer students at Penn State University.
  • Work with the Multicultural Resource Center
    Receive individual counseling and educational services at the Multicultural Resource Center (MRC), a service for undergraduate multicultural students at University Park.

Finding Other Support

  • Adjust as an Adult Learner 
    Find information on Adult Learner Programs and Services, which is a tangible expression of Penn State's commitment to providing comprehensive services for non-traditional undergraduate students.
  • Handle a Roommate Conflict 
    Find advice on how to handle a conflict with your roommate. Contacting Residence Life at Penn State is a great way to start.
  • Resources for Veterans 
    Review resources and services to help returning veterans adjust to Penn State through the Office of Veterans Programs.
  • Wellness and Self Help
    Find tips on how to increase your overall wellness through stress management, healthy eating, exercise, and more through Penn State's Health Promotion and Wellness services.

Learn More...





Discover Your Community at Penn State