Change of Major to DUS
Prior to requesting any change:
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss your plans.
- Examine the Entrance Requirements at the beginning of a What-If Report for the desired major to ensure you qualify.
- Students with aid or scholarships tied to enrollment in a particular college should contact the Office of Student Aid to ensure understanding of any ramifications related to a change in your academics.
- Student Athletes should contact the representative at their location (for UP, the Morgan Academic Support Center for Student-Athletes) to ensure understanding of any ramifications related to a change in your academics.
Directions for Update Academics:
- After completing the recommendations above, select the requested action beside the Major, Minor or Certificate you want to Change, Remove, or Add.
- A link will appear directing you to select your Proposed Changes.
- After you have entered your Proposed Changes, select Confirm Proposed Change(s) or Cancel Change(s).
- Review your Proposed Changes to ensure accuracy. Select Confirm and Submit, or Exit-No Save.
- You must confirm that you have read a tuition recalculation statement prior to the request being submitted.
The following message is displayed when applying for a change into DUS at any location:
“Your request cannot be automatically processed. Prior to changing into the Division of Undergraduate Studies, students must research majors at https://dus.psu.edu/exploration-resources and identify realistic goal(s). Contact your campus DUS advising office at https://dus.psu.edu/advising-centers to make an appointment and discuss your eligibility to enter DUS.”
Once a change of major request to DUS has been submitted in Update Academics, a DUS representative will reach out to schedule an advising appointment.