- April 29 (Fri): Withdrawal deadline
- April 29 (Fri): Classes end
- May 2–6 (Mon–Fri): Final exams
- May 9–June 6 (Mon–Mon): Maymester (University Park)
- May 16–June 24 (Mon–Fri): First summer session (University Park)
- June 29–August 10 (Wed–Wed): Second summer session (University Park)
Beginning this week, many Penn State libraries will be open extra hours to make it easier to find quiet places to study or work with your group on projects.
- See details at Libraries Locations Expand Hours April 24–May 7, Support More Late Buses, including information about the Safe Walk escort service, extra café hours, plus free coffee and snacks in 103 Paterno and DeStress Fest activities during final exams.
- Check library hours at all campuses at Library Hours by Location and information about Computer Lab Hours and Locations, too.
- Read details about Extended Student Parking Hours on campus
Are you a first- or second-year student with questions about applying to medical school? On Monday, April 25, 3:30–4:20 p.m., in 201 Thomas Building, you can learn the basics of the application cycle, including prerequisite courses, how to strengthen your candidacy, and the committee letter process. Though the focus will be on applying to medical school, dental, optometry, and podiatry applicants are also welcome!
Take a look at these end-of-semester options in case you are not earning acceptable grades or are having other difficulties:
- Can’t finish a course on time? Consider requesting a deferred grade (make these arrangements with your instructor before the final exam period begins on Monday, May 2).
- Doing poorly in all or most of your courses? Then withdrawal from spring semester might be appropriate. (The deadline is this Friday.)
- Need or want to take fall semester off? Find out how to request a leave of absence.
If you have questions about these policies, talk to your DUS adviser.
- Log in to your LionPATH Student Center by clicking the yellow box at launch.lionpath.psu.edu/node/1.
- Complete Pre-Registration Activities in the To Do List box (required before you can schedule)
- Check your Holds box. If you have any hold, resolve them.
- For registration steps and tips, follow A Guide to Fall 2016 Registration with LionPATH.
- Learn about getting on a Wait List and Swapping a Class.
- For technical support, submit a Get Help with LionPATH online request, or contact ITS at 814-865-4357 or 204 Wagner Building, University Park.
If you know you meet prerequisites for a course you’re trying to schedule, but LionPATH says you don’t, make sure the section you chose does not have controls you don’t meet. Find the course in Search for Classes and click on the Class or Section link to see details. Look in the Enrollment Information and/or Notes boxes for controls (for example, it may be a first-year seminar or for students in certain semesters or those enrolled in a specific college).
When you log in to the Student Center in LionPATH, make sure you complete the Pre-Registration Activity Guide in the To Do List box! Every semester a Pre-Registration Activity Guide will appear in your To Do List. It contains a Financial Responsibility Agreement as well as Emergency Contact information. Completing in your To Do List will release the Financial Responsibility hold and allow you to schedule classes.
Making decisions? Use the Exploration Resources on the DUS website to explore and make decisions about possible majors
Make An Appointment
Want to make an appointment with your adviser? Use our online Make an Appointment system!
Penn State Events
Interested in more events at Penn State? For a list of workshops, seminars, information sessions, career and major fairs, and more, visit the Events Calendar at Penn State.