Welcome to Penn State! Get a good start by exploring the DUS website. Learn how to investigate majors and minors, understand why you're in college, meet with your adviser, get involved at Penn State, and think beyond your time in DUS.
- June 28 (Tues): Dean's meeting for new first-year DUS students
- June 29 (Wed): Second six-week summer session begins
- June 29-July 5 (Wed-Tues): Regular drop period *
- June 29-July 6, 8:00 a.m. EST (Wed-Wed): Regular add period *
- July 4 (Mon): Independence Day Holiday (no classes *; University offices closed) (Central PA 4th Fest)
- August 2 (Tues): Late drop deadline *
- August 10 (Wed): Withdrawal deadline *
- August 10 (Wed): Classes end *
- August 12 (Fri): Final exams *
* University Park calendar (for important summer-session dates at all campuses, see the Summer 2016 Academic Calendars.)
All new DUS students admitted to University Park for summer 2016 are expected to attend the dean's meeting tomorrow, June 28, 11:00 a.m., in 100 Thomas Building. Learn how to start off on the right academic foot at Penn State.
Need help with your schedule? If you are at University Park, you can talk with a DUS adviser during drop/add period (this Wednesday through next Tuesday) by coming to the lobby of Grange Building, 8:15-11:30 a.m. or 1:15-4:30 p.m. For advising assistance after that, see instructions at Make an Appointment or call 814-865-7576. At all other campuses, contact your Academic Advising Center for help.
Making decisions? Use Exploration Resources to help you make informed choices.
Start with the LionPATH launch page to access your Student Center as well as find links to critical resources.
Want to contact your academic adviser? Follow instructions at Make an Appointment.
Penn State Events
For a list of workshops, seminars, information sessions, career and major fairs, and more, visit the Events Calendar at Penn State.