Attend a Pre-Law Orientation Session
Sessions are open to all students considering law school. First- and second-year students must attend a Pre-Law Orientation Session prior to scheduling an individual appointment with the Pre-Law Adviser or attending the Law School Application Process Session. Topics covered in the Pre-Law Orientation Session include:
- Preparing for law school and strengthening your application now (even if you are not yet certain that you want to attend)
- Skills required for law school
- Learning about law school
- Learning about the practice of law
- Deciding whether to apply to law school
- Introduction to the LSAT (brief intro to this topic – more in the Applying to Law School Session)
- Law school application timeline (brief intro to this topic – more in the Applying to Law School Session)
- Pre-Law Advising resources
Spring 2020 Pre-Law Orientation Session dates:
- January 22, 2020 (Wednesday): 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. in 311 Boucke
- February 27, 2020 (Thursday): 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in Grange Building Lobby
- March 30, 2020 (Monday): 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Zoom
Registration is required. Please check your class schedule before registering for a session.
If, after registering, you find you can no longer attend your scheduled Pre-Law Orientation Session, please call the Division of Undergraduate Studies at 814-865-7576 and cancel so we can offer your seat to another student.