- Satisfactory completion of General Education and University-wide requirements.
- A minimum of 120 credits to include at least 15 credits at the 300- or 400- level.
- Three capstone experience courses, usually 396, 496, and 494 courses from the home department of the student’s faculty mentor. These are generally taken in the 6th, 7th, and 8th semesters.
- A grade of C or better in a minimum of 15 credits of designated courses at the 300- or 400- level. These courses are separate from the capstone experience courses (396, 494, 496).
- Approval by the faculty mentor to begin a thesis or senior capstone project and later, certification that the completed thesis or project meets accepted standards.
- Successful presentation of the senior capstone project or thesis at a Bachelor of Philosophy seminar or other approved forum.