Information about Transcripts

After registering for CAS, request official copies of your transcripts be sent ONLY ONCE directly to LSAC for processing. Submit an LSAC Transcript Request Form to every institution you attended. Allow approximately two weeks from the time of receipt for LSAC to process your transcripts. Wait to complete at least six semesters of undergraduate work before requesting transcripts.

Do not send transcripts to LSAC yourself. They will not be processed.

For Penn State transcripts, upload and send LSAC’s Transcript Request Form to the Registrar by following the directions at Penn State's Official Transcripts page. If you prefer, you can deliver LSAC’s Transcript Request Form in person to the Registrar’s office in 112 Shields Building, University Park.

Include the following transcripts:

  1. Community colleges
  2. Bachelor's and graduate institutions
  3. Law/medical/professional institutions
  4. Institutions attended for summer or evening courses
  5. Institutions attended even though a degree was never received
  6. Institutions from which you took college-level courses while in high school even though they were for high school credit
  7. Institutions that clearly sponsored your overseas study. Clear sponsorship means:
    • The courses received the sponsoring institution's academic credit (not transfer credit);
    • The course codes, titles, credits earned, and grades appear on the sponsoring institution's transcript. Typically, these grades and credits are included in the sponsoring institution's cumulative GPA. The courses are often administered and taught by the sponsoring institution's faculty at an overseas institution.
  8. International Transcripts, if applicable

Transcripts must be sent from institutions even if:

  1. Credit was transferred from an institution and appears on another institution's transcript
  2. The institution is closed (Contact the department of higher education in the state in which the school was located. For international transcripts, contact the Ministry of Education in the country where the school was located.)
  3. "Withdraw," "incomplete," etc., are the only grades listed
  4. You have just enrolled (Request that the registrar's office send a transcript of courses "in progress" or a statement of current enrollment. The document must bear the registrar's official seal.)