Basics of Exploration
Thinking about how you want to grow in college takes some intentional effort.
- What knowledge do you want to develop?
- What interests do you want to further?
- How do you want to contribute to the world around you?
Finding the academic opportunities that can help you meet these goals also takes intentional effort.
- What majors align with your interests and goals?
- What General Education courses can help you expand your perspective?
- What other learning opportunities do you want to include in your college education?
Some basic ways to get started:
Complete these activities to help you prioritize your interests, values, and goals and how they relate to majors.
Dig a little deeper to research majors based on your likes and dislikes, impressions of the classes you are taking, and ways you want to contribute to society.
- How Do I Find a Major?
- Major Exploration Worksheet
- Ways to Explore Majors
- Get to Know Faculty in a Major
Discover your decision-making style and find ways to help guide you toward finding a major that is the best fit for you.