- Explore Majors & Minors
- Plan and Schedule
- Get Involved
- Think Beyond DUS
Register For Courses
Decide What to Study
Choose Your Classes
- Find the major(s) you are considering in Recommended Academic Plans and write down some courses you think might make sense to take.
- Check degree audits for these majors. The Gen Ed section shows General Education categories you need to complete. In the Schedule of Courses, find a couple of courses in those categories that you'd like to take.
- All students need to take one first-year seminar. See First-Year Seminars for a list.
- Review Entrance-to-Major Requirements for critical courses.
- Meet with Your Adviser to discuss your goals and schedule.
- Enter your schedule on eLion (Find out your first day to register by selecting Registration Calendar in eLion (under Schedule), or you can look on page 1 of your degree audit or go to Registration Timetable.).
Use Extra Tools and Tips
- Books and Materials: In addition to the resources below, you can search online for college textbook businesses that offer new and used books as well as book rental options.
- Courses to Test Interests and/or Abilities in Majors
- General Education Worksheet
- Ready For Online Learning?
- Registration Information
- Scheduling a Course That's Full
- Semester Planning Worksheet
- Syllabus Checklist
- Transfer Course Evaluation Guide. Look up a course at another institution and see if it is equivalent to a Penn State course. Or do the opposite—start with a specific Penn State course and find an equivalent one offered somewhere else.