Center for Excellence in Academic Advising
Links to Penn State online resources
Links to other online resources
- Academic Advising: A Comprehensive Handbook (2nd edition), National Academic Advising Association, 2008. V. N. Gordon, W. R. Habley, & T. J. Grites, Editors.
- Advising for General Education. Schwartz, M. (2005). Division of Undergraduate Studies, The Pennsylvania State University.
- Advising Students with Disabilities, National Academic Advising Association, Monograph Series Number 5, 1997, M. Ramos and D. Vallandingham, Editors.
- Am I Liable? National Association of College and University Attorneys, Washington, D.C., 1989. This short book has two chapters that pertain to advising and instruction. The other chapters pertain to liability issues for such university areas as student affairs and personnel.
- Faculty Advising Examined: Enhancing the Potential of College Faculty as Advisors, G. L. Kramer (Ed.) (2003). Bolton, MA: Anker Publishing
- HEATH Resource Center for the American Council on Education, Strategies for Advising Disabled Students for Postsecondary Education. Washington, D.C., 1994. Available from the HEATH Resource Center, 1 Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036-1193.
- NACADA Journal (The Journal of the National Academic Advising Association).
- The Penn State Adviser (3rd ed.), Buck, J. B., Goldstein, L., Hurley, B., Moore, J. W., and Schwartz, M. (2007). Office of Undergraduate Education, The Pennsylvania State University. (Copies of The Penn State Adviser are available to Penn State advisers at no charge by contacting the Division of Undergraduate Studies.)
- Reaffirming the Role of Faculty in Academic Advising, National Academic Advising Association, Monograph Series Number 1, 1995, G. L. Kramer, Editor.
- Student Characteristics Matter: Implications for Academic Advising, Buck, J. (2004). Division of Undergraduate Studies, Office of Undergraduate Education and International Programs, The Pennsylvania State University. (Copies of Student Characteristics Matter are available to Penn State advisers at no charge by contacting the Division of Undergraduate Studies.)
- Teaching Through Academic Advising: A Faculty Perspective, Reinarz, A. G. & White, E. R. (Eds.) (1995). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Transforming Academic Advising Through the Use of Information Technology, National Academic Advising Association, Monograph Series Number 4, 1996, G. L. Kramer & M. W. Childs, Editors.