- When did you enter DUS?
- Freshman year.
- How many semesters did you spend in DUS?
- Why did you choose DUS?
- I entered DUS because I was unsure as to what career path I wanted to take. I thought that DUS would allow me the flexibility that I would need to explore my options.
- What resources did you use in your exploratory and decision-making process?
- My adviser, as well as many other DUS staff involved with the DUS Student Council. I particularly enjoyed my psychology courses, but available of jobs post-graduation was a scary thought. Thsu, my choice of rehabilitation services education.
- Did DUS benefit you? If so, how?
- DUS definitely enhanced my Penn State experience. DUS, unlike other colleges, really gets to know their students. I believe that it's that element of the search. DUS students are searching for a path of life. DUS faculty could not assist properly if they did not have a close relationship with their students. You are not just a number when you are in DUS.
Penn State Experience
- What major(s) (and minor(s), if applicable) did you end up choosing?
- Rehabilitation Services Education (now Rehabilitation and Human Services) with a minor in Psychology
- What year did you graduate?
- What extracurricular activities made a difference in your college experience?
- DUS Student Council can also open doors to other facets of Penn State life, for example, Faculty Senate and Academic Assembly. Not only does it help you in your own journey, it gives you a sense of making the road a little less bumpy for someone else. Gamma Sigma Sigma National Service Sorority allowed me to participate in Penn State life with Homecoming, Spring Week, Dance Marathon (THON), as well as the State College community with hours of community service.
- Looking back, would you have done anything differently during your time at Penn State?
- I have always enjoyed being around children and working with children. I am starting graduate classes this fall to obtain my elementary education certification. I wish I had looked into elementary education at Penn State. Overall, I am highly satisfied with my choices.
- What jobs have you held since graduation?
- Jewelry Sales Associate, Montgomery Wards
- What is your current occupation?
- Family Service Worker Head Start of Fayette County
Profile Last Updated: July 7, 1998