- When did you enter DUS?
- Freshman year.
- How many semesters did you spend in DUS?
- Why did you choose DUS?
- Before applying to Penn State, I was not sure what major to pursue, but I did have the choices narrowed down to two selections: communications or mathematics. I was an A student in mathematics during high school, but wanted to pursue a career in broadcasting. I entered Penn State as a DUS student, but decided to pursue communications since the courses offered seemed to be right for my broadcasting career goal.
- What resources did you use in your exploratory and decision-making process?
- The adviser for communications at Penn State Delaware County was Bruce Stephens in 1990. I consulted with him a few times before deciding on selecting communications as my major.
- Did DUS benefit you? If so, how?
- Yes, I was able to enter Penn State without having to select a major right away.
Penn State Experience
- What major(s) (and minor(s), if applicable) did you end up choosing?
- Broadcast/Cable (now Telecommunications) with a minor in Business/Liberal Arts
- What year did you graduate?
- What extracurricular activities made a difference in your college experience?
- Unfortunately, I was not involved in any extracurricular activities, but I did pursue an internship at a local radio station in State College, PA after transferring to main campus.
- Looking back, would you have done anything differently during your time at Penn State?
- I should have been involved with at least some extracurricular activities. I did attempt to join a broadcasting club as a junior, but at the time I did not find the activities to be interesting. Looking back on that experience, I think it would have been beneficial to my career selection if I had been involved with that club.
- What jobs have you held since graduation?
- On-Air Personality, QWK Rock
- Associate Service Technician, MicroAge
- Intermediate Analyst, Aegon
- Systems Support Consultant, AstraZeneca
- Help Desk Analyst, Wyeth
- Support Center Representative, SAP America
- Systems Consultant, Easy Software, Inc.
- What is your current occupation?
- Substitute Teacher, Ridley School District
Profile Last Updated: September 19, 2011