- When did you enter DUS?
- As a second-semster freshman.
- How many semesters did you spend in DUS?
- Why did you choose DUS?
- My poor performance in my first term and confusion regarding my major and career interests.
- What resources did you use in your exploratory and decision-making process?
- My counselor and other students.
- Did DUS benefit you? If so, how?
- Yes, it is my strong belief that if it were not for the opportunity to move into the Division for a short period of time, I would not have survived my first year of undergraduate school, let alone gone on to accomplish what I have in my life.
Penn State Experience
- What major(s) (and minor(s), if applicable) did you end up choosing?
- Individual and Family Studies (now Human Development and Family Studies)
- What year did you graduate?
- What extracurricular activities made a difference in your college experience?
- Looking back, would you have done anything differently during your time at Penn State?
- What jobs have you held since graduation?
- Mental Health Counselor
- College Counselor
- Assistant Dean of Students
- Counseling Psychologist
- Clinical Director
- College Professor
- What is your current occupation?
- Associate Professor/Graduate Coordinator Counseling and Educational Psychology, Slippery Rock University
Profile Last Updated: August 17, 2004