- When did you enter DUS?
- Freshman year.
- How many semesters did you spend in DUS?
- Three trimesters.
- Why did you choose DUS?
- DUS gave me some breathing room when deciding on a major.
- What resources did you use in your exploratory and decision-making process?
- My adviser, James Diamond, helped me to schedule introductory courses in agriculture. He and Roland Daniels both gave me helpful advice in scheduling courses for a more rounded agriculture curriculum.
- Did DUS benefit you? If so, how?
- Yes, I was able to take different courses without being permanently attached to a specific major. This trial period helped me to design training processes at American Home Foods. As my career progresses, I see ever more clearly how important DUS was to my educational foundation. With every promotion I receive, I find myself pulling in some of those experience from my time at Penn State. A well-rounded education is key to today's career individual. You find yourself in different situations and systems and with different employers. I have talked to new employees, Vice Presidents, and CEOs and they have all had similar experiences.
Penn State Experience
- What major(s) (and minor(s), if applicable) did you end up choosing?
- Agricultural Science
- What year did you graduate?
- What extracurricular activities made a difference in your college experience?
- My two and a half years as an active brother at Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity very much prepared me for my career and my life. The responsibilites shared there, along with coursework, were valuable and I realized it once I was working and managing my own home.
- Looking back, would you have done anything differently during your time at Penn State?
- What jobs have you held since graduation?
- Production Supervisor, Weis Market Meat Plant
- Production Supervisor, American Home Foods
- Technical Training Coordinator, American Home Foods
- Manager of Plant Scheduling, International Home Foods
- Receiving Manager, International Home Foods
- Planning and Scheduling Manager, Eureka Paper Box Company
- Duplicating Technician, Bucknell University
- What is your current occupation?
- Logistics Manager, Windsor Foods
Profile Last Updated: January 19, 2007