- When did you enter DUS?
- Second semester of freshman year.
- How many semesters did you spend in DUS?
- Why did you choose DUS?
- I was confused as to which major I should pursue. I thought DUS would be the best place to be while I was searching.
- What resources did you use in your exploratory and decision-making process?
- I used Career Development and Placement Services, Dr. White and Dr. Goetz in DUS and the DUS Advising Centers in Business Administration and Liberal Arts.
- Did DUS benefit you? If so, how?
- Yes. It helped calm my anxieties over choosing a major. It allowed me the academic flexibility to take different courses, which I wouldn't have been able to take if I wasn't in DUS.
Penn State Experience
- What major(s) (and minor(s), if applicable) did you end up choosing?
- Finance with a minor in Economics
- What year did you graduate?
- What extracurricular activities made a difference in your college experience?
- I participated in Circle K International, a community service organization where I served as Vice President and President. I was able to develop my leadership skills through this organization.
- Looking back, would you have done anything differently during your time at Penn State?
- I may have chosen a different major; however, it would still have been in the Smeal College of Business Adminstration. Also, I would have gotten more involved in extracurricular activities my freshman year. Finally, I wish I would have take more challenging courses.
- What jobs have you held since graduation?
- Commercial Mortgage Loan Administrator, Real Estate Finance Department, Mellon Bank
- Assistant Product Manager, Credit Card Group, Mellon Bank
- Senior Marketing Analyst, Household Credit Services, a top-ten issuer of credit cards
- Consultant, Bain & Company
- What is your current occupation?
- Senior Marketing Manger, American Express
Profile Last Updated: June 17, 2004