- When did you enter DUS?
- Freshman year
- How many semesters did you spend in DUS?
- Two and a half to three.
- Why did you choose DUS?
- I was undecided as to my major or vocation.
- What resources did you use in your exploratory and decision-making process?
- Career counseling through DUS, meetings with advisers, counselor James Rhoades, and coordinator Daniel Leasure.
- Did DUS benefit you? If so, how?
- Yes, it gave me the flexibility to explore different avenues before making final decisions.
Penn State Experience
- What major(s) (and minor(s), if applicable) did you end up choosing?
- Double major in Physical Education (now Kinesiology) and Recreation and Park Management (now Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management)
- What year did you graduate?
- What extracurricular activities made a difference in your college experience?
- Soccer, where I learned that a team is more important than an individual and my placement in a summer job in a camp for underprivileged kids helped me make career decisions.
- Looking back, would you have done anything differently during your time at Penn State?
- Nothing, except I would have perhaps studied harder.
- What jobs have you held since graduation?
- Graduate School
- Director, Saybrook Counseling Center
- What is your current occupation?
- Director, Niantic Bay Counseling and Owner, Shoreline Gymnastics
Profile Last Updated: December 10, 1999