- When did you enter DUS?
- Sophomore year
- How many semesters did you spend in DUS?
- Two terms.
- Why did you choose DUS?
- I was in pre-med and while I liked science I didn't like pre-med. I needed time to explore other possible majors.
- What resources did you use in your exploratory and decision-making process?
- My adviser in DUS and horticulture faculty members.
- Did DUS benefit you? If so, how?
- Absolutely! DUS gave me time to think without losing time in school.
Penn State Experience
- What major(s) (and minor(s), if applicable) did you end up choosing?
- A double major in Horticulture and Agricultural Education (now Agricultural and Extension Education).
- What year did you graduate?
- What extracurricular activities made a difference in your college experience?
- Horticulture Club and the activities that Roland Daniels got me involved in made a big difference.
- Looking back, would you have done anything differently during your time at Penn State?
- Nothing! It was and is a great place, and I had a great experience!
- What jobs have you held since graduation?
- Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor
- What is your current occupation?
- Professor, Department of Horticulture, Michigan State University
Profile Last Updated: February 28, 2003