Emily (Allen) Artello
- When did you enter DUS?
- Freshman year
- How many semesters did you spend in DUS?
- Why did you choose DUS?
- I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life.
- What resources did you use in your exploratory and decision-making process?
- PL SC 003 and Dr. John Gamble.
- Did DUS benefit you? If so, how?
- I had never even considered Political Science as a possibility before college and didn't know what it was. If I hadn't been in DUS, I would never have though to even try a course in that area.
Penn State Experience
- What major(s) (and minor(s), if applicable) did you end up choosing?
- Political Science with a minor in International Studies.
- What year did you graduate?
- What extracurricular activities made a difference in your college experience?
- Schreyer Honors College taught me research skills, varsity softball enhanced my time management skills and concert band, where I met my future husband.
- Looking back, would you have done anything differently during your time at Penn State?
- What jobs have you held since graduation?
- Various Graduate Assistantships in Student Activities, Orientation, and Academic Advising at UB, Gettysburg College, and Medaille College
- What is your current occupation?
- Academic Adviser, Division of Undergraduate Studies, Penn State Erie, The Behrend College
Profile Last Updated: June 1, 2009