- Advising at Penn State
- Professional Development & Scholarship
- DUS Committees
- DUS Resources
Fall 2014 brown-bag lunch series
What are they? Forums for discussing academic advising
Who’s invited? All faculty and staff (please spread the word)
Why attend? To network, share how-to’s, and learn about advising resources
Monday, September 15, noon to 1:00 p.m.
110 Henderson Building, The Living Center
Meet Robert Kubat, University Registrar. Learn how the Registrar's office works to support academic advisers and understand how advising practices can support the work of the Registrar's office.
Friday, October 24, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. *
102 Kern Building
Learn about petitions from a panel of experts:
- Anna Butler, Administrative Support Assistant, Office of the University Faculty Senate
- Daniel Hagen, Executive Director, Office of the University Faculty Senate
- Elizabeth Seymour, Chair, Senate Committee on Undergraduate Education
- Erica Smithwick, Outgoing Chair, Senate Subcommittee on Academic Standards
- Ann Taylor, Incoming Chair, Senate Subcommittee on Academic Standards
To make videoconferencing arrangements for locations other than University Park, please reserve a videoconference room at your campus and send the name/number of the room to Anna Butler (email@example.com) by October 17. View a list of current videoconference rooms with contacts: http://www.tns.its.psu.edu/ServiceCatalog/Video/Interactive/videoConfRoomsContactList.asp
* Note: extended session
Contact Laura Brown at 814-865-7576 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional seminar details.
The Division of Undergraduate Studies at http://dus.psu.edu is a unit within Penn State's Office of Undergraduate Education. The division's mission includes student enrollment; the University-wide academic information network; general academic advising for any current and prospective Penn State student; and the educational planning and academic consultation components of New Student Orientation.